Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Working with the Dealer and Miniusa


I must confess that when I heard about the new Mini Cooper S JCW GP I was disappointed that my local dealer did not tell me about the opportunity. I had upgraded my Cooper S with ALL of the upgrades available through that dealer and I guess I expected that the dealer would tell me about the GP. Well that did not happen and I had to find a dealer that had one available so I could participate in the Monterey Laguna Seca event in August. After numerous calls throughout the country.(I did not call Alaska or Hawaii but everywhere in between.)I located a dealer in South Carolina who had not sold their 2 allocated units. Bingo!
What I learned, however, was that they were to be my partner in having a timed event to get the opportunity to be in the Laguna Seca event. I became "good friends" with John Moore who has been my designated co-pilot on acquiring the new GP. And the experience has been just Minispectacular.
I am in Key West today (working for those in my office who may think otherwise)but waiting for the dealer package from John to "close" the deal.
I was surprised today when Teresa from Mini USA called and later emailed me a list of choices for the new GP. Running lights programmed on or not and other convenience items. She was terrific!
Just a couple weeks before the real journey begins and you know, I can't wait.
Go motoring Mini.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home